Re: Households with Children
From: Molly Williams (mmwwaveinter.com)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:26:02 -0600 (MDT)
Carol,

Hopefully you will get lots of good answers to your questions. I can
only say that, pigs that we are, my husband and I, with no kids,
have always had 4-BR homes. We like an office and two guest rooms
(one of which doubles as another office), besides our bedroom. One
of us works from home and the other does some telecommuting in the
evenings. And we enjoy having lots of guests, often. If you have a
communal guest house in your community, singles and couples might
not need or want so many bedrooms in their own house. Conversely, I
would certainly think that to attract families, you would need at
least 3-BR homes in the community.

I'm sure we could get by with a one- or two-bedroom home, and we
probably should, but the reality I see is that most people want at
least 3 bedrooms in a home, whether they have kids or not.

~ Molly Wms. (Maine)