RE: Request: Operating Agreements
From: Rowenahc (rowenahccs.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:26:01 -0600 (MDT)
urs are attached to our web-site at cambridgecohousing.org

-----Original Message-----
From: cohousing-l-admin [at] cohousing.org
[mailto:cohousing-l-admin [at] cohousing.org]On Behalf Of Robert P. Arjet
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2001 12:33 AM
To: cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org
Subject: [C-L]_Request: Operating Agreements

Hello, all:

Here at Central Austin Cohousing, we are looking at the thorny issue of
re-writing our Operating Agreement.  We're hoping not to have to totally
re-invent the wheel, so I was wondering if there are any groups out there
that would be willing to share their operating agreements, by-laws, or
whatever passes for the legally binding statement of how you get things
done in your jurisdiction.  Specific issues that we are wrestling with are
how to legally describe consensus, and how to handle investment in the
project by members prior to the project getting built.

On that second point, we're hoping to get a lot of our capital from
members, and would like to reward that early, high-risk investment by
substantially reducing unit costs for early investors.  Has anyone written
anything like that into an operating agreement?

I would be glad to catalog and make available any and all documents I
receive, so that we could have a library of operating agreements, by-laws,
etc.  I went through the archives, but the only ones I found were from
Martha's Vineyard Cohousing (Thanks very much to those folk for posting
them on-line).

Can anyone out there help us out?

Thanks,

Robert Arjet