Re: Common House Construction Sequencing (fwd)
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyaweathership.homeport.org)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:15:03 -0600 (MDT)
> I just want to point out that we have had VERY good experience in a number
> of communities acquiring land with an existing building that can be used as
> the common house before and during construction, if not also after move in.
> These projects have included WindSong, in Vancouver, BC, Trillium Hollow in
> Portland Oregon, Delaware Street Commons in Lawrence, Kansas, Bellingham
> Cohousing in Bellingham WA, and soon hopefully, Mosaic Commons in Acton,
> Mass.

*knock on wood!*

On other threads, thanks for all the folks who responded to Steoh's question
on momentum - some great stuff there!

Also, re: websites, the feedback we've gotten both from direct responses and
from logging website activity is that people really like the member bio
pages, the Frequently Asked Questions pages, and the fact that all of our
minutes and documents are online and searchable.
(http://www.mosaic-commons.org)

Can't wait until we can put pictures of a site up there!

        - catya
                              ____
Catya Belfer-Shevett      ____\  /      Interested in
catya [at] pobox.com           \  / \/      Cohousing in MA?
www.homeport.org/~catya    \/       www.mosaic-commons.org