Nov 11 Party at Strawbale house, Concord Oasis Ecohousing (CA)
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 05:53:01 -0700 (MST)
Nov 11 Party at SB house, Concord Oasis Ecohousing (CA)
Concord (Contra Costa County, CA) Oasis Ecohousing project proponent Mark
DeMaio received a temporary Certificate of Occupancy for the research
quality Straw Bale (SB) Ecohouse at 994 A Oak Grove Road, Concord on
Monday, October 29. He and his wife Patty wish to invite friends,
acquaintances, and affiliates to a celebration of the project's building
"completion", in the spirit of the season and the times, the third
GIVING OF THANKS CELEBRATION, Sunday November 11, 2001, beginning at 6:30
PM at 994 A Oak Grove, Concord, CA.
Food and beverage will be provided, but we request that folks bring along
a Pot Luck item of their choice, if they can, to help stretch what we can
provide, as we do not expect to have a head count before the party. (see
the end of this e-mail for directions)
During the afternoons of Saturday and Sunday November 10th and 11th, we
expect to have site tours and perform some green building demonstrations
and hands on activities (rammed earth floor, wheat paste and lime amended
earth plasters, limewash, and possibly light clay/straw wall
construction). Feel free to visit, or contact us prior if you'd like to
help.
We are also in the process of divesting in the property, and seek
potential future owners, occupants, affiliates and/or stakeholders, with
a preference to persons interested in carrying on the general community
and environmentally responsible goals of the project. To that end we are
in the process of generating an RFP which we will eventually post on our
"under construction" web site at http://www.crosswinds.net/~coasis/.
Although there has been much progress since these series of pictures have
been taken prior to September 3, feel free to take a look at
http://photos.yahoo.com/concordecohouse.

In Peace & Sustainable Community, Mark DeMaio, Concord (CA) Oasis
Ecohousing
Where we completed a research quality straw bale flexible floor plan home
and are seeking future owners/residents with community/ environmental
interests.
Green building site tours with hands on opportunities are being held on
weekends.
925-687-2560(site/ message), 530-694-9501(weekday eves),
coasis [at] crosswinds.net
***********************Directions**************************
Going north on 680, get off at the Treat Blvd. exit shortly after the
680/24 "Y" and make a right onto Treat. Go approximately 2-3 miles and
make a left at light onto Oak Grove Road. Go through the next 2 lights on
Oak Grove Rd. on either side of a Bart underpass (David and Minert). Go
through the next light (Chalomar on your right, Keswick on your left) and
make a right on the unnamed private drive just past Concordia Lutheran
Church, just before the New Directions Counseling Center. If you come to
the next light (Whitman Road) or the following light (Monument Blvd), you
have gone too far. The property is located on the unnamed private drive
just behind the counseling center (2nd lot on left, follow new pavement
to the left). Although the property has an Oak Grove Road address, it is
not actually located on Oak Grove Road. Consider parking on Chalomar or
discreetly in the back of the church parking lot, as the Private Drive
has little parking capacity. Alternatively, access Oak Grove Road from
Monument Boulevard and look for the private drive on your left just
before the Church.