Re: Resale
From: hp (harrypkingston.net)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:36:00 -0700 (MST)
On a non-coho house there are two components - the land value and the
house/building value. Generally the house depreciates as it ages - meaning
that its value goes down. Usually lands values go up over time - sometimes
very little, sometimes a lot depending on whether that community/town/city
is 'hot' at the moment or not 'hot'. For example, California is definitely
not hot sinces the dotcom meltdown. And many cities/towns go through cycles
like that. In Toronto, supposedly land (house?) values never went down - yet
not that long ago prices fell by 50%.

- Harry