Kitchen equipment
From: Amy Rountree (amychrismerr.com)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:18:01 -0700 (MST)
Do other communities find that commercial-size pots and pans work on
regular-size stoves? Here at the Village Cohousing (17 households, usually
30 people for dinner), we have two stoves that are designed for home use,
and we have found that huge pots of water take way too long to come to a
boil. Is there some way to help with this, barring getting a commercial
stove? Right now we have discovered that the best setup is just to make
three or four largish pots of soups, stews etc. instead of one huge one,
but it would be nice to consolodate. We are beginning to evaluate our
initial donated stuff and considering what to get, so any comments would be
helpful.

Amy Rountree