Re: Takoma Village Has a Clean Commonhouse!
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 17:28:01 -0700 (MST)
> My preference would be to have as many different options as possible for
> people.  So, for example, everyone might have a task they've agreed to take
> on for a month and to do at least once a week by Monday.

That was our idea too, but if you think about it, it takes as many person
hours to supervise/check up on all those options as it does to actually do
the job.

Options double the work. Always.

By getting rid of the options the work gets done faster and simpler. People
who don't fit the schedule, do other jobs. One person who gets home from
work on Saturdays about 12:00 does the final damp mop of the halls when
everyone else is gone.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org