Re: Takoma Village Has a Clean Commonhouse!
From: Michael D (ohanamdearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:02:01 -0700 (MST)
> it takes as many person
> hours to supervise/check up on all those options as it does to
> actually do the job.

I'd make the supervision and checking up one (or more) of the jobs.

> Options double the work. Always.

My focus isn't on what's most efficient for the work.  My focus is on what's
most people-friendly.

If you know, are you a T on the MBTI?  I, as an F (INFP), would naturally
prefer what works for people.

This, I think, is one of the values of familiarity with the MBTI.  I just
know that Ts are going to think that getting the work done is more important
than is people being happy and fulfilled.  Especially STs (or SJs) are.  We
NFs think people's satisfaction and growth is more important than efficiency
in work.

Finding a way that works for both types may be a challenge, but is necessary
in a well-functioning community.

I'm surprised that you don't have a major rebellion from part of your group.
If I were there, I'd be leading it.  I'm guessing that this decision wasn't
made by concensus.  Am I right?  (That's another of my values - that all
decisions would be made by concensus unless there's some legal urgency to
make the decision.)

Namaste,
Michael
Heart Song Community