Refrigerator size
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 14:33:02 -0700 (MST)
Michael wrote:

... A standard kitchen cabinet depth, including ours
is 25 inches.  Today's standard energy efficient refrigerator depths are
about 30 inches.

Yup and typically the refrigerator sticks out 4-5 inches from the counter. And no one minds. In other words, you won't notice it after a while. S'matter of fact, if there is counter top on the hinge side, the fridge will open farther because it has better clearance. Are you getting all new fridges? Our units were "delivered" without refrigerators--not required here to get a certificate of occupancy--and a number of us moved in with our refrigerators. My "old" one was just 1.5 years old.

Joani Blank
Swan's Market Cohousing
Downtown Oakland, California