Re: Takoma Village Has a Clean Commonhouse!
From: Michael D (ohanamdearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:11:01 -0700 (MST)
> My style is to make suggestions and to educate

I realize that I'm not following my own suggestion right now, and I think
that, especially in person, it's a good idea to always ask people if they
want a suggestion or to learn something before you give it to them.  If they
don't want it, then consider if it's really important anyway (for safety, to
prevent damage, or something like that).  If so, be willing to accept the
consequences of being thought of as controlling or whatever, even if what
you're saying is for the best.

Remember that most people will hear what you say through the filters of
their childhoods.  When the kind of thing you're describing happens in a
community, I think a community therapist is extremely helpful.

And, as don Miguel Ruiz teaches, don't take anything personally.  There may
be some valuable information in what people say, but don't take it as truth
about who you are.

Namaste,
Michael
Heart Song Community