Re: Levels of Membership
From: Mac & Sandy Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:17:01 -0700 (MST)
We had pretty good luck with creating different levels of membership and
incentives for becoming committed members.  (We were 100% sold out
before construction.)

The different levels allowed folks to be involved while they were
checking us out, although they didn't get to participate in decisions
until thhey became members, which included a $6000 nonrefundable
deposit.

The membership incentives gave foloks from $1000 - $5000 discounts on
their eventual home purchase depending on how early they joined (if the
project succeeded!).  The discounts were tied to key development
thresholds like buying the land, getting county approval, and beginning
construction.

For more detailed information, visit the Membership Agreements section
of our website:  http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

- Mac

--
           Mac & Sandy Thomson           Heartwood Cohousing
           ganesh [at] rmi.net                Durango, Colorado

Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be
happy.
           - Guillaume Apollinaire