First closings at Cornerstone Village!
From: Mabel Liang (mabeltwomeeps.com)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 23:50:02 -0700 (MST)
Cornerstone Village Cohousing, in North Cambridge, MA, has finally received
its first set of Certificates of Occupancy, and had its first closings.  7
townhouses received C/O's on Wendesday, and one couple rushed off to close
on their unit that very evening.  A building with 10 apartments received
its C/O on Thursday.  Because of delays in the C/O process, some people had
already moved their possessions in, and were just waiting for the C/O's to
be able to start sleeping there.  So the place is already bustling with life!

This announcement probably seems unduly focused on the legal aspects, but
that's what's been holding us up, so that's where my mind is.  I went and
fetched the Thursday C/O and delivered it to another member's office so
that it could be faxed to various lawyers for Friday closings.

Tonight I stopped by.  People were hanging out in the common space (the
majority of our common space is in another main building which will be
finished February/March).  I had a pang of jealousy as people wandered back
to their units while I had to get in my car to drive home.  My husband Bob
and I are in that February/March wave.

We still have one townhouse (move-in now) and one apartment (Februrary)
available.  See http://www.cscoho.org or contact me for more details.

                                                        -- Mabel :-)

mabel [at] twomeeps.com
Mabel Liang