RE: Revisiting Decisions
From: Racheli&John (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:42:01 -0700 (MST)
** Reply to note from "Jeanne Goodman" <goodmanj [at] jpcohousing.org> Fri, 7
Dec 2001 16:32:04 -0500

>From Racheli
Sonora Cohousing

75% for revisiting decisions seems awfully high to me, too.
In our community, we require that 5 members (out of 36
households) ask to re-open a consensed-on decision.  If it was
up to me only,  I'd have the number even lower.
I think it's important to remember that agreeing to discuss
an issue once again isn't the same as agreeing to change the
decision - all it says, really, is that some people are unhappy
about a decision, and more discussion is necessary.  Perhaps
the decision will change, and perhaps not.  But not agreeing
to talk about it unless you have such a huge majority is
something I'd be very uncomfortable with (and which, to
me, seems somehow contrary to the spirit of consensus).

R.