Re: Revisiting Decisions
From: Jeanne Goodman (goodmanjjpcohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 19:26:07 -0700 (MST)
I think it's important to remember that agreeing to discuss an issue once
again isn't the same as agreeing to change the decision
-Racheli

That's a really good point Racheli, the only thing I guess I would respond
to that is I imagine we should (reconsider a previous decision <g> and )
reset our numbers once we're living there. I think at this stage though
while we're still building our membership and so many decisions have to be
made, it actually is hard to discuss old decisions again. On the other hand,
I do think it is very important that we educate our newer and perspective
members about the background behind our decisions so that they are aware of
the history and the labor involved in coming up with some of our decisions.
If the more seasoned (a.k.a. exhausted) members can give this kind of
information, they can probably also give the new comer some idea about how
likely it is that revisiting the decision will be a painful process.

Jeanne Goodman
Jamaica Plain Cohousing
Boston, MA
http://www.jpcohousing.org