Re: Re: Power Struggles After Move-In
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:27:01 -0700 (MST)
> However, it happens when group members get happy with one another.  Not
> necessarily that they agree, but they come together with a mutual sense of
> excitement and eagerness.  The conversation gets unstructured, people
> interrupt freely; they exchange visions, gags, quips, puns; they forget
> time; they smile and make eye contact and perhaps touch; they sing,
> ritualize, dramatize; they brainstorm, freewheel, and avoid hasty criticism
> of ideas.

I would kill for this kind of meeting. I so often feel micromanaged in our
meetings. They are "nice" but not very inspiring and very controlled.
Absolute agendas, time limits, speaking queues. All the things the current
theory says is good process. We get stuff done but I often don't care -- I'm
waiting to be engaged.

We never follow an idea or thought through to its conclusion. Process seems
to be more focused on the mechanics and not on depth of analysis.

In Washington DC where all roads lead to Casablanca