Washer/Dryer in Common House/Units
From: Jasmine Gold (juturnaix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 22:53:06 -0700 (MST)
This message is for laundry procrastinators.

I'm trying to figure out whether I want to pay approximately $1700 for
washer/dryer hookups (plus the cost of a stackable dryer) when my house
is built or to use the common house washer/dryer.

I currently have a washer/dryer in my house and still put off laundry to
the last minute due to lack of time or simply forgetting about it.

I'm worried that if I have to bring the laundry to the common house, it
will get done even less frequently than it does now. On the other hand,
I also see that maybe it will get done more frequently because I will
enjoy it more since I can visit with people while doing it and other
members will help it along to make room for their laundry.

I'd like to hear how those of you doing laundry in the common house feel
about it.

Thanks,
Jasmine Gold
Sonoma County Cohousing, Cotati, California
where we are currently working on construction documents, got fantastic
construction loan financing, are preparing to start construction in the
spring, and have 26 out of 30 member households.