Re: Washer/Dryer in Common House/Units
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddessattbi.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:40:01 -0700 (MST)
I'm kind of surprised that you have a choice about whether to have hook-ups.
THe morgtage companies we got our first mortgages from required them. Have
you guys found out about that?

I don't have a washer/dryer in my house, and I'm a laundry procrastinator.
The thing about procrastination is, you know how long it will take, and wait
to the last minute. So, you still do that, it just takes a little longer.

But the hookups also affect the resale value of your house, and I would put
them in even if you don't use them. All else being equal, I'd do the laundry
in the CH. It means that much more storage space in your house. I have a
closet with hookups that I can use for other things. Now if I can just get
rid of the hot water heater...

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing