Re: mission statements
From: Natalie Hill (natalietheriver.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 07:20:02 -0700 (MST)
Would communities that have mission statements be
> willing to share them?

Kay, we have a "vision" statement, a "mission" statement and a "values"
statement.  Here they are:

Vision:  People living in community with a focus on ecological principles.

Mission:  To generate community living which values diversity and consensus
decision-making in a nurturing environment; encouraging the contribution and
personal growth of each individual; To foster ecological principles with
honor the sacredness of the earth; To demonstrate ecological community
living as a way of being in harmony with people and the earth.

Values:  We value integrity, generosity, respect for other people,
community, the individual, and the environment.

In addition, we have a policy manual which outlines methods of conflict
resolution, reaching consensus and many other topics related to living in
cohousing.  All of it, of course, is meaningless without putting the
guidelines and principals into action.  And that is tough when so many of
the members joined after the mission, etc were written. So far, so good at
Milagro, but we're still just building the houses!

Natalie
Milagro, a Community in Balance With Nature
Tucson, Arizona