Re: Cohousing Axioms - from Power Struggles After Move-In
From: Racheli&John (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 12:44:01 -0700 (MST)

Laura wrote (in part):
> My advise is: don't do it yourself unless you truely have the in-house
> expertise, and then set up a system for protecting these dedicated
> people!

I don't think anyone (so far) has advocated a "do it yourself" approach.
The discussion was around whether community members should
be involved in the post design phase, or whether this should be
left completely to the professionals to manage and carry out.

I am thinking that in no area of my life do I like the idea of putting
my fate in other people's hands.  This is part of my opposition
to the whole carving up of society along expertise territories, leaving
people mostly without knowledge and say regarding things
which affect their lives profoundly.

R. (A proud amateur! :))