Re: Power struggles vs. other types of conflict resolution
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 13:49:02 -0700 (MST)
> For me, a power struggle is when people who have
> a conflict insist on having their own way, and seeing
> the resolution as a win/lose situation - in which they want to
> win!  In such cases, people tend to see moving towards
> common ground as "giving in".  The emotional climate
> is usually tainted with assigning bad motives to one's
> adversaries; seeing them as being "unreasonable", etc.

This looks like a good definition. We did not particularly have this problem
although some homeowners were difficult about their own units -- it wasn't
team related or exactly a power struggle -- they just wanted what they
wanted and it didn't really affect anyone else's  unit or the commonhouse.

Although hindsight is not only 20-20, it is also rose-colored. I may have
forgotten.

Sharon.