Re: Power struggles as insight gaps
From: Hans Tilstra (tilstrasmartchat.net.au)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:24:01 -0700 (MST)
I have witnessed many a convergence in decision-making when people become
better read-up on cohousing. Within the Melbourne cohousing community, I
have found time & time again that the people who have read (rather than just
looked at the pictures) of McCamant & Durrett, Scott-Hanson & Alexander
avoid that "oh, here we go again" source of power struggles.

This convergence runs parallell with what I have witnessed in the
psychotherapeutic community. Here you have a group of people who both share
& distinguish themselves into lots of different streams & approaches.
Obviously, a key question in this professional community is on "what works".
Studies I've explored so far suggest that it's not so much what kind of
approach that is chosen, but the level of experience of the therapist. I
have witnessed many a convergence of style as people become more skilled.
So, inexperience becomes a risk factor.

:-) Hans Tilstra
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~cohouse