Re: RE: Washer/Dryer in Common House/Units
From: Berrins (Berrinsaol.com)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 21:31:03 -0700 (MST)
In a message dated 12/18/01 10:57:23 PM, tamgoddess [at] attbi.com writes:

<< I'm curious. Do all of you with laundry in the basement have elevators or a
walk-in basement? If it's not accessible, you're not ADA compliant. >>

No elevator or walk-in access; in this regard we are not ADA compliant.
However, our city building inspector, noted for being relatively strict (he
was the one who required us to build to public building standards, when other
Common Houses in Mass. are not) allowed us to do this.  Laundry was not
considered a public use issue.

We did build the CH with framing and a space to put in a lift to the basement
sometime in the future.  We will need a lift to do any other activity there
that is not being done on the main floor.

Roger
Pathways Cohousing
Northampton, MA