Geek question WiFi/ 802.11
From: Lon Goldstein (zebulon303earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:02:01 -0700 (MST)
Hi,
I'm part of the Wild Sage Cohousing community due to start construction in Boulder, Colorado in Fall of 2002. We have been looking at options for shared internet access and I've just started researching wireless network (802.11) options. Does any one have any experience in implementing a wireless network in a community for shared internet access?

Apparently it is starting to be used in some subdivisions for sharing internet access and I wondered what particular issues might come up in a cohousing community. We have a fairly dense site (about 34 units on 1.6 acres) so that works to our advantage in that our distances are probably under 300 ft. Any help appreciated. Learn more about our community at http://www.wildsagecohousing.org .
Thanks!
Lon