Re: Community within community?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 11:26:01 -0700 (MST)
> The comment about "community within community"

As long as the communities are open to anyone in the larger community, this
is not only healthy but inevitable.

For me it is very welcome. One reason I chose a larger cohousing community
is that I wanted a community where I didn't have to be involved in
everything all the time. In a small community it is harder when a few are
sitting something out -- there are not enough people to have small clusters.
You probably have to have a more homogeneous group.

In a large group, I enjoy having a bunch of people doing things that I can
benefit from but not participate in. I wouldn't want to feel closed out,
however.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org