Re: FW: Do you have TV in the common house?
From: pattymara (pattymarajuno.com)
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 20:12:01 -0700 (MST)
At Tierra Nueva, central CA coast, we love TV.  We have a big screen
(donated) TV in the room formerly known as the Music Room (because it was
programmed into the common house when we had musicians, and no longer
have them).  Now it is known as the TV Room (da.).  It is located
upstairs and is hooked up to cable.  It has a vcr.  It is well used, and
so we have a "rhythm" that suggests signing up ahead of time if you want
to insure that the room will be yours, with full remote control rights.
It is mostly used for videos, but there is a staunch group of West
Wingers, StarTrekkies,  Barbra Streisand fans (every time she does
another farewell concert),  Laker fans and assorted sportsfolk.  The
olympics will be watched by a crowd.  Every year at Oscar time we have a
party with ballots and food.

Parents who limit their kids' TV time at home, limit it at the common
house too.  Fortunately they are mostly in concert with the other
families so there isn't much debate or sneaking around.  Too many eyes
around here for any kid to get away with illicit television guzzling.

Patty Mara Gourley
Tierra Nueva, cen CA coast

mmm.