Re: Community within community?
From: pattymara (pattymarajuno.com)
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 20:27:01 -0700 (MST)
On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 07:09:31 +0800 "Robyn Williams" <pov [at] iinet.net.au>
writes:
> And not being included isn't the same
> as being
> excluded.

nicely put, Robyn.

The Taste Buds  do "not include" people, simply because there is a limit
to how many people we can sit down to dinner in our homes.  We have a
practice, though, of the host being free to invite any guest she wishes
to invite, and this happens regularly.  We also have a neighbor who comes
for cocktails and hangs out with the Buds and sometimes eats too.   I
doubt that she feels excluded, because she feels comfortable including
herself.

I have felt excluded by some folks' private parties and know the sting of
it...and am sensitive to others potentially feeling it.   So, this is
exploratory territory for me.

We have lots of small groups of like-minders:  book clubs (2), sailors
who share ownership in a sailboat, eco-activists, meditators, gardeners,
whiners, scrabble players, moms-night-outers, hot tubbers,
sit-around-the-fire drinkers.    I especially enjoy the whiners club.

coheartedly,
PattyMara
Tierra Nueva, cen ca coast

mmmm.