Re: Do you have TV in the common house?
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepi.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:34:19 -0700 (MST)
Briefly,
Monterey Cohousing, Minneapolis, Twin cities, MN
has a TV/VCR in the Common House.  No video games  - this was a big issue.

In a place that is fairly central, so parents know who is watching. Doesn't get
watched  by kids, in my perception, except the one household that has no
TV/VCR, and doesn't seem to be overdone.  It is less of a mess than when the
kids were younger.

Does get used for videos for adult groups, less often for news, etc, though
some (elections).

Judy
A studio-size coop apt is for sale, a 3 BR townhous is currently  rented,
available for rent Feb 1, maybe for sale.
-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epi.umn.edu
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments       in the Mansion (a rehab Georgian building)
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House
coops moved in 1993, townhomes in 1996
 web page: http://www.jimn.org/mococo/