Re: Do you have TV in the common house?
From: Marty Roberts (MartyRsonic.net)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:18:02 -0700 (MST)
Here at Two Acre Wood, we had a long debate on TV, but when a friend offered
a free big screen TV, it came to a head.  The resulting policy is:

Videos only, no cable TV  (only two or three households here have cable, so
TV itself is not a big issue).  We gather at one of those homes for the big
stuff - election, 9/11, Olympics, etc.  Also, our West Wing Club meets at
one of these homes on Wed. nights.

Most of the kids are not allowed to watch at all (we have mostly small ones
and some Waldorf), so the request is we don't start movies til after
bedtime.

So far, it has worked really well.  I am part of the group that enjoys a
movie night - we sometimes just spontaneously share a video we  have rented
- it is rarely planned too far ahead.  Several of us are single, so it is
nice to watch with others in our cozy lounge.

Clean-up is never a problem, you can't even tell we've been there.

By the way, there was a TV discussion fairly recently that should be easily
found in the archives.

Marty Roberts
Two Acre Wood, Sebastopol, CA where we had our soil engineers come by after
two and a half years here to check some serious drainage problems after 28
inches of rain in  Nov. and Dec.!!!