RE: remembering why we thought cohousing was a good idea
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:59:09 -0700 (MST)
A few from Sharingwood recently

Sitting in a low grade funk and having a two year old come up and tell you
all about their day and then realizing that the funk is gone and I'm
smiling.

Creating a surprise wedding shower for a couple that never had one (they
sort of eloped). They were very delighted.

Grabbing a rake meaning to clean up the fallen leaves and finding not only
that somebody did the job, but they created piles in such a way that the
kids could jump into them, a touch I would not have thought of and something
I learned for next time.

Having an intense conversation with another adult about one of their
problems, helping them find their needs, and then feeling wonderful when the
whole situation worked out excellently. And then finding a loaf of fresh
made banana bread-still warm- with a simple note of thanks. Extra wonderful!

Sitting quietly watching a squirrel collect cones to cache, and being
joined, one by one, by 12 other people, who all spontaneously cheered as
"our" squirrelly chased off another interloper  who was intent of pilfering
all that hard work.

There was a need for some extra computer storage, and within an hour no less
than 3 zip drives are offered, and 20 zip disks.

Just about everyday some little thing goes on which shows you that the
people who live here care about each other.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood