common meals vs. pot lucks
From: Grace Potts (grey_seahotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:10:01 -0700 (MST)
Hey all-

Grace here after many months of hiatus... Question: I'm not sure I understand why a meal cooked by a sub-set of people (common meal) is preferable to a pot-luck. What are folk's opinion on this? It seems to me personally that arranging for meals to be cooked by a sub-set of individuals from the group is just more work and I'm not clear what the benefit of the extra worry and noise is.

peace/ love/ happiness
Grace