Info on Common House/unit per square foot costs
From: Stephanie Weigel (sjweigelstudents.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:20:02 -0700 (MST)
HI,
I have done some digging on the archives about this, but did not find much
and am hoping to get some information that we can use in planning.

Do you know how much your common house and/or units cost per square foot?
Obviously there are a multitude of factors that go into this number, but we
are working with a Community Land Trust as a developer and they have not
had experience with building a common house, although they have built lots
of duplexes and single family houses.

Since it is an affordable housing project in part, we want to have a good
idea of how the CH costs will impact the costs of the individual units.

Please include the date your CH/units were built, location, and other
factors such as overall size or unusual building conditions that might have
influenced the costs. If you just know the overall cost of the building and
the size that's fine, I can do the math and figure out cost per square foot!

AS always, thanks to everyone on the list for sharing their experiences.

Stephanie Weigel
Troy Gardens Cohousing
Madison WI
(see info on the Troy Gardens cohousing project on the MACLT web site at:
http://prisoncentral.org/maclt/maclt.htm
under Development Projects)