Sliding Scale Association fees? -- C2pattee
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 11:11:01 -0700 (MST)
christine pattee  C2pattee [at] aol.com
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html

In the early years of the women's movement, we had sliding scale fees for
everything.  what we found out was that the majority of women, whatever
their actual income, rated themselves no higher (and mostly lower) than
the mid-range.

Discussions of sliding fees as a way to maintain affordability have come
up in my group, greater hartford cohousing.  i always put out the opinion
that i am just about able to afford cohousing myself, and can't afford to
pay more so someone else can pay less.

christine pattee