RE: Some advice for forming communities
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyahomeport.org)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 07:53:02 -0700 (MST)
> In my experience, discussing and expressing views is very different from
> actual behavior.
>
> Take for example the venerable issue of food in the common house.  The
> vegetarians can be pretty noisy, and would lead you to believe that they
> NEVER eat meat.  Well I remember more than one dinner where the vege and
> meat proportions were prepared to match the stated preference of
> the diners,
> and the meat chili was gone long before the meal was over, and there was
> vege chili left at the end. A lot of vegetarians accidentally
> tried the meat
> chili.

Funny, my experience is the opposite - the vegeterian food, which carnivores
can also eat, disappears first, and often before the vegetarians all get
some! :)

And let me tell you that if I accidentally tried the meat chili, I'd know
it.. and not in a good way.

        - catya
                              ____
Catya Belfer-Shevett      ____\  /      Interested in
catya [at] pobox.com           \  / \/      Cohousing in MA?
www.catya.org              \/       www.mosaic-commons.org