movie review
From: Laura Fitch, A.I.A. (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 06:54:05 -0700 (MST)
Fellow parents, and lovers of better messages for our children,

This isn't about cohousing, but it is about parenting in a village. This is the letter I sent to my community, and because of the supportive and thankful response I got, I thought I would send it a little further.

Just a word of warning to any other parents out there considering taking a young child to Lord of the Rings. I thought it was absolutely awful, and really wish we had paid attention to the PG13 rating before taking Eliot, our 8 year old son. Personally, I think it should be an R rating - and personally I think it is just a really bad movie, inappropriate for any age!

It consists of just one very violent and disgusting battle scene after another. It is much more like stars wars than Harry Potter. Of course the original stars wars was cutting new technical ground when it came out, and maybe there was a little character development in it (I don't recall) - there is nothing so redeeming about Lord of the Rings! I was much relieved when Eliot said "the book is much better" - he is an intelligent and sensitve kid afterall!

--
Laura Fitch, A.I.A.
Principal Architect

KRAUS-FITCH ARCHITECTS, INC.