Re: movie review
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyahomeport.org)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:01:01 -0700 (MST)
> Just a word of warning to any other parents out there considering taking
> a young child to Lord of the Rings.  I thought it was absolutely awful,
> and really wish we had paid attention to the PG13 rating before taking
> Eliot, our 8 year old son.  Personally, I think it should be an R rating
> - and personally I think it is just a really bad movie, inappropriate
> for any age!

I have to say, I thought the movie was wonderful - definitely violent,
but wonderful fantasy-for-grownups.

In this lovely culture we live in, R ratings are given for sex.  It's
perfectly OK to show violence to 13 year olds, of course.

        - catya
                           ____
Catya Belfer-Shevett   ____\  /      Interested in
catya [at] pobox.com        \  / \/      Cohousing in MA?
www.catya.org           \/       www.mosaic-commons.org