Re: movie review
From: Kevin Wolf (kjwolfdcn.davis.ca.us)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:24:01 -0700 (MST)
At 08:43 AM 1/23/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Just a word of warning to any other parents out there considering taking a young child to Lord of the Rings. I thought it was absolutely awful, and really wish we had paid attention to the PG13 rating before taking Eliot, our 8 year old son. Personally, I think it should be an R rating - and personally I think it is just a really bad movie, inappropriate for any age!

My 13 year old who loved the book thought the movie too violent. I thought it was the best adaptation of a book to a movie I have ever seen. When reading we can add as much gore to our imagination as we want. On the screen it is right there to see. I knew the PG-13 rating was for violence, not sex. I wouldn't have taken her if she was much younger because I know how she doesn't like to see movies that give her bad dreams. I think the PG-13 warning is a good one and more parents should abide by it. But rating a fantasy movie of good versus evil R for that level of violence would be excessive.

Cohousing-L mailing list