Re: RE: protecting children from age-inappropriate films
From: Michael D (ohanamdearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:41:00 -0700 (MST)
> Moviemom gives detailed analyses of sex, profanity, nudity,
violence, adult
> situations, and a plot summary.  Unlike some of the more
prudish critics,
> the site differentiates between slapstick and real
brutality.  I find the
> sites age recommendations to be consistent with my own
values--I'm guessing
> that others with different values would be able to
extrapolate.

Thanks for recommending a site that I like a lot.  As you
suggested, I would adjust the ages a little based on my values
(younger, not older), but I can easily do that.  It also gives
me some useful information to help decide if I want to see the
film myself.

The URL is http://www.moviemom.com (surprisingly enough).

By the way, they rate Lord of the Rings as appropriate for 12
and up and as "one of the all-time greats; don't miss it."
I'll have to go see it myself and see what I think.  I usually
don't like violent films, but I am attracted to Lord of the
Rings based on the books.

Namaste,
Michael
Heart Song Community