RE: movie review community link
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:52:01 -0700 (MST)
One of the wonderful advantages of living in community is you can get first
hand information from your neighbors about things like this. At Sharingwood
this movie was the talk of dinner for a couple of nights at least and so
you'd have to be pretty deaf not have heard 7-8 different opinions all that
it was a great movie, but not appropriate for some kids. Having these
discussions is one of the fun parts of community life for some  folks and
people sometimes go on for considerable time about their movie reviews and
opines. I never read reviews of movies, I simply ask my movie savvy
neighbors what they thought, then act accordingly. I know who has tastes
that  are similar to mine, so if they pan it, I tend not to go. Or several
of us all go to a lower priced matinee and jeer at it (quietly of course).

I have been to several movies lately which I never would have gone to were
it not for the prodding of a couple of neighbors.

Also, this thread illustrated nicely some differences in parental attitudes
which are common. Some parents are very involved in their kids choices,
others are less so. One of the issues that crops up a lot with communities
is how people reconcile their parental differences, because as we all know,
the way I parent, is the right way, so therefore........

Rob Sandelin