potlucks vs. common meals cooked by teams
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 02:43:01 -0700 (MST)
I haven't been too close a reader of this listserv in the last few weeks so this reason to eschew potlucks for common meals may have flown by already, but just in case it hasn't..........

The very best reason not to have potlucks for common dinners is that everyone can go to many meals that they don't have to cook anything for or clean up after. In my community, where each of us cooks only once every five weeks, I can eat up to 14 meals with no responsibility at all--except to remember to sign up--in exchange for one big day of shopping, cooking and cleaning up (with one other person) for my neighbors who are eating that night.