common house meal preparation?
From: Lon Goldstein (zebulon303mac.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:19:02 -0700 (MST)

I have a related question prompted by some of the recent discussion about common house meals. (From the perspective of a cohousing community still in pre-construction.) It sounds like it takes a whole day of preparation when it is your turn to be on the cooking team (I'll assume a team of at least 2, for a community meal of 20-30 people?). How do people with full-time, 9-5 jobs work this out? Do you have to take a vacation day every time it is your turn to cook? Do you just manage to choose a weekend day? Is there enough of a balance of regular 9-5ers and self-employed people to work it out? I'm interested in peoples experiences. Thanks! Lon