Re: common house meal preparation?
From: Howard Landman (howardpolyamory.org)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:01:05 -0700 (MST)
> It sounds like it takes a whole day of preparation when
> it is your turn to be on the cooking team (I'll assume a team of at least
> 2, for a community meal of 20-30 people?).  How do people with full-time,
> 9-5 jobs work this out?

A lot of different ways:

1) The 9-5er can do the shopping, someone else can do the cooking.

2) Many dishes can be prepared the night before.

3) Some meals can be very simple - I know of pasta sauces that can be
   finished in under 20 minutes.

4) There are weekends.

5) If you clean (instead of cook), you can arrive just in time for dinner
   instead of needing to be there hours beforehand.

        Howard A. Landman
        River Rock Commons
        Fort Collins, CO