Re: common house meal preparation?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:29:01 -0700 (MST)
> On the subject of common house meals, Do people equip their common house
> with enough plates and cutlery for everyone or do people have to bring
> their own ?

We do have our own but it isn't actually very difficult to bring your own
and we do this for some events.

On Friday's we have pizza ordered in and use paper towels or napkins just to
keep it simple. Some bring their own food on a tray with their own dishes.

One issue I have is that we have a big professional dishwasher than one has
to turn on an hour before using it and be trained to use. There are many
times when dishes and flatware accumulate and a normal household dishwasher
would be more convenient. I wish we had both but I'm concerned that the
handwashing will result in the flu passing around more than necessary.
Bleach does not always get into the rinse water.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org