Re: RE: George Krasle and handling disputes in cohousing
From: Racheli&John (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:28:01 -0700 (MST)
** Reply to note from "Sheila Braun" <sheila.braun [at] worldnet.att.net> Thu,
31 Jan 2002 12:47:29 -0500

Sheila wrote:
> This strikes me as a thread that could do damage to various people. I'm
> concerned that nobody else from the cohousing community in question has said
> anything, but then again, were I in their position and were the story to be
> ever so much more complicated than it appears, perhaps I wouldn't say
> anything, either, and hope people would be fair enough to realize they're
> getting only one side. It can't possibly be so simple. Do we want to pass
> judgement in this forum?

I think we can pass "conditional" judgement.  We can say to George:
If what you are telling us is true, then... .  This is, in fact, what we do
all the time: People write and present their POV (which might or might
not be in line with how other people in their community view the
situation), and "we" respond - always (hopefully) with the knowledge that
what we hear is one side, not the whole story.
It's true that this case sounds more extreme, but that doesn't make it
different in principle.
Regarding George's story: If what he was telling us is true, I agree with
the suggestions that:
a- He should be seeking a "divorce" from his community.  And b- That
he should seek legal advice.

R.