Re: Cohousing and Televison: a Classic Clash of Values
From: Michael D (ohanamdearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:22:01 -0700 (MST)
> This limits the availablity of information to what's
acceptable to those in
> power - yes, including the history channel, PBS, etc.

If you aren't watching TV, then you don't see all the value
that's there.  Downing TV when you don't ever watch it is like
someone saying they don't like basketball when they've never
seen or played in a game or someone saying they don't like the
values of a book they've never read.

If you're open to an experiment, I'll make up a schedule of TV
viewing for you for a week.  If you'll watch the programs I
suggest with an open mind, I'll bet that your opinion of TV
would be different.

And again, I'm not talking about indiscrimate TV watching.
However, I also don't engage in indiscriminate movie viewing,
book reading, newspaper reading, or much of anything else.

Namaste,
Michael
ohanamd [at] earthlink.net
Heart Song Community