Re: blocking consensus
From: Michael D (ohanamdearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:31:01 -0700 (MST)
> I've been told repeatedly that the only justification for
blocking consensus
> is that you think the proposal will harm the community, and
not because you
> dislike it personally.

I suggest that, as part of assessing any proposal, every
person asks him or herself the following questions in this
order:

1. Does this proposal require anyone in the community to do
something that is objectionable to them?  If so, it's a
proposal to revise (or else some people don't belong in this
community).

2. Does this proposal prevent anyone in the community from
doing something that is very important to them?  If so, it's a
proposal to revise (or else some people don't belong in this
community).

3. Is there any other way that you can't live with this
proposal?  If so, it's one to revise (or else you and possibly
others don't belong in this community).

4. (If it's passed the previous 3 questions) Is this proposal
in the best interests of the community as a whole?

Namaste,
Michael
ohanamd [at] earthlink.net
Heart Song Community