Re: Cohousing and Televison: a Classic Clash of Values - lfitch
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 09:54:01 -0700 (MST)
"Laura Fitch, A.I.A." <lfitch [at] krausfitch.com>
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html

I might buy this argument for tv, but did you see Nova on the "teenage
brain" the other night.  I'd just assume keep my dopamine receptors
intact in case I decide I would like to live a happy life without drugs.

I think the issue is how to have tv in the common house in a way that is
respectful of many parenting styles including those who do not want to
expose their children to tv for whatever reasons.  If you can answer
that question in a respectful, inclusive way, then it does not have to
be an either or situation.

Laura