RE: Changes in Decision Making Processes
From: Margaret Weatherly (martiewearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 07:31:01 -0700 (MST)
At Liberty Village, we agreed on the overall decisions in the community - site
plan, type of houses, floor plans, etc. But we had a three person executive
committee that made  all the on the spot construction decisions and interfaced
with the contractor. They came back to us for agreement when they hired the
builder, and decisions about getting the loan, etc.  But they dealt with all
the details of building. Also, we have an active legal/finance team that
handled that end.

Many decisions in the building process don't lend themselves to being agreed on
in the community, not just for time but because of the expertise involved.

Martie Weatherly
LIberty Village
Libertytown, MD
martiew [at] earthlink.net