kids food and a cook book project
From: Trina Rotskoff (trinaemeraldvillage.org)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:27:04 -0700 (MST)
Hello, Fellow Cohousers!

I am Trina Rotskoff and some of you know me, but most of you don't.  I just
moved into the newly completed Jackson Place Cohousing community in Seattle.
I have been reading all of your collective wisdom for a while now, but have
never needed to post before.

We are working on our common meals structure and planning how to accomodate
different food requirements.  I read many posts in the archives, and got a
lot of useful hints there already, but I was having a hard time finding info
specific to kid's food.  We are wondering if any of you offer kid's
alternatives at every meal (like PBJ or tofu dogs or something).  I have a
personal concern that if there is always an alternative that is more
familiar, my kid will stop trying new things.  Also, maybe sometimes the
alternative is less nutritious than the main meal...

How have some of your communities handled kid's needs, specifically
"pickiness"?

ALSO, I noticed, while reading through archived posts that five years ago,
someone was making a recipe book of tried and true community meals that
accomodate a lot of different dietary needs.  Did this project come to
fruition?

Thanks in Advance,
Trina