Re: What's Missing in Cohousing? Rentals.
From: WOLF1GDSFM (WOLF1GDSFMaol.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:28:01 -0700 (MST)
The following information includes a plug for my rental unit.

I have a rental unit in Sunward Cohousing, Ann Arbor, MI.  There is also one
two-bedroom unit here that has been a rental ever since it was built, there
is a unit that is set up as a co-op, there are rooms to rent in another unit,
two other members share their homes with paying guests, and there have been
other units available to rent at times.

Currently, my rental unit is leased to a very good community member who has
rented various units here for a couple of years now.

It is a one-bedroom unit with view of the prairie and ponds.  This year the
view will include the constuction of Great Oak Cohousing which will be built
starting this spring on the other side of the ponds.

Originally, I had a one-bedroom unit with an unfinished walk-out basement.
Inspired by Your Money Or Your Life and other such writings, I finished my
basement into a studio apartment and moved into it late last fall.  I rent
the unit in which I used to live, minus most of the basement, in which I now
reside.  Part of the basement is left for the washer and dryer (which we both
use) and storage areas for each of us.

My current renter has plans to find a place of her own at the end of the
summer, so the unit may be available then.