shared housing in El Sobrante
From: Jesse Golden (jessegoldenattbi.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 06:41:01 -0700 (MST)
Live/work property ? shared - do you know an artist, craftsperson, or
musician who wants a big workspace and perhaps to live there too?  How
about if it was in a beautiful, quiet country setting, with a great view
and easy freeway access, off Hilltop Drive in El Sobrante?  We are two
women who have found a property for sale with spectacular hill views.
The part we would like to find one or more buyers for is a very large
(1200 sq. ft?) workshop with attached studio apartment.  Also for sale
next door is a 3-bedroom, 1 bath house which needs work.  We are looking
for partner(s) to share in the purchase of one or both properties.
Please email us ASAP at commercejmg [at] yahoo.com.   This is not co-housing
per se but we share the co-housing spirit.

Here?s what we know at this time (the realtor is getting more
information for us); this is two properties, totalling one acre; on one
property, there is a 3-bedroom, 1 bath house which needs work, with a
small grass back yard.  That property has about 1/8 of the total land.
On the other property, there is a 5-bedroom, 3 bath house (which is
where we want to live, possibly upstairs with a roomate or land partner
in the big bedroom downstairs); also a metal work building with an
attached studio apartment; the building is perhaps 1200 sq ft and the
apartment is perhaps 400 sq. feet.  The property is big and open ? trees
in front, big open area in back with big views of the hills which run
along San Pablo Dam Road (it?s parkland, so the hills are green and
empty).    The owner is asking $750,000, and knows he has to come down
in price.

The possible deal is this; we are looking for partner(s) as we cannot
afford this property by ourselves, and also because we value living
cooperatively (we?re not talking about a commune, just cooperation).  We
are a lesbian couple, 60 and 48 years, together for 15 years, 2 cats, 2
small dogs.  We would be interested in partnering with you if you are:
· Politically progressive
· Environmentally conscious
· Quiet and considerate
· Have (positive) experience living cooperatively
· Gay-friendly, like kids and animals
· Enjoy gardening and would like to garden cooperatively
· Have or can raise at least $200k
Other pluses would be: potter, woodworker or other artist or musician,
horse person (potential for horses immediately adjacent)
If this doesn?t describe you, please go no further.  If it does, please
tell us a little about yourself and we will send you more information
and pictures and go from there.